- abstracts academic blogging academic book academic life academic writing argument authority in writing blogging books conclusion conference papers crafting writing discourse dissertation doctoral education doctoral research early career researchers epistemology Europe introduction journal knowledge production literature review mess methods chapter note-taking ontology peer review PhD PhD by publication powerpoint publication plan public engagement publishing readership reading refereeing reflection rejection research education research methods research plan research project scholarly identity signposts theory thesis time voice writing
- @AcademicBeards I was looking for things writers can have some control over :) 7 hours ago
- Why journal articles are rejected ow.ly/ldsEr #acwri #phd #ecr #grad 7 hours ago
- RT @John__Field: Social media and social capital wp.me/p1ZDGy-6P 9 hours ago
Top Posts & Pages
- seven reasons why journals reject papers
- writing the thesis
- a Foucauldian approach to discourse analysis
- about me
- early onset satisfaction – a bad thing for writing and writers
- oh no, someone did the research before me...
- academic writing
- should you, could you, would you… co-write with your supervisor?
- writing for journals
- self packaging - when is enough already?
Category Archives: snowball sample
In this post Thesis Whisperer opens up the issues around METHODS – how to actually do the research we need to do on our joint paper on academic blogs. The methods section, especially in a project that includes empirical research, … Continue reading
Peter Matthews continues his post about writing about the messy bits of his research. In my previous post I reported the “positive story” of my fieldwork – reflecting on that feeling of “connection” with my research participants in the narrative … Continue reading